Monday, April 18, 2011

Sweet Rose Blossoms...

Today, I am totally excited to share this card with you.  I have to say... this by far, is MY most favorite card that I created in a long time. 

 

I've had the pleasure of attending two separate stamping shows this year.   I couldn't wait to get started on this project using a new die cut.  

It is one of my newer purchases from one of the shows. 

I'm not quite sure if it looks so pretty because of the color selection I used on this card or if it's the actual die cut itself or if it's because of the embossed roses and leaves?  I think a pink and green color combination complement each other when you put them together. 


I used my sponge dobbers again, sponging the die cut with my Chalks Pigment Ink of pink color on the rose and green on the leaves.  I left my paper on the die cut (after cutting in my Big Kick) and colored them with my chalks. This way the colors always look very precise and stay within the embossed area you want.

One small hint...when using your die cuts, take a small piece of scotch tape and tap it on your clothing a couple times to remove some of the sticky tape from the sticky side. (It will then be easy to remove the tape from your project when done without ruining your paper).   Then take the tape and tape it to your template and paper. Doing this prevents the die cut from moving out of place when running it through your Big Kick/machine or when using your dobbers to color it .

I had some pretty green, pink and gold velum paper for a long time that was purchased ages ago at JoAnn's Fabrics.  I was holding on to that paper for something special and I think ~ this hit it out of the ball park?  The pretty lace is  from JoAnn's as well.  I also used my Martha Stewart Punch again to add a double lace effect with pink paper to the beige lace. I had the  Recollections Mulberry Paper Roses and leaves and decided it was going to add much beauty to this card.  And as always...Pearls do add a beautiful touch.  


Hope you like it ladies?  And again...Thanks for joining me today at my blog!  Hope you leave a comment?  I always enjoy hearing from you.



This card has been entered in Hippity With Ippity Challenge.


Blessings to all….Leanne

3 comments:

  1. Your work is excellent. I so enjoy viewing your blog and work. Wow! this card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply elegant! Those flowers are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Creation! Thank You for joining us at Get Hippity With Ippity! Have a wonderful day! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...