Monday, December 17, 2012

Poinsettia Card...

 
Earlier this year I attended a Stamp Show and ran across a both that demonstrated burnishing micro fine glitter and using stickers. However for the life of me I do not remember the name of the booth or company to give credit to?  I fell in love with the fine glitter technique and is really quite simple to do. Just a tad messy with glitter everyhwere if your not careful?  I watched how the women demonstrated the technique and decide it would be so nice on a  Christmas card or two of my own.

 
If you take a careful look you will notice both of these cards are done a little different.  With my first card (above) I burnished the bottom of the card in green micro fine glitter and also embossed it with with my Stampin' Up embossing folder called Petals to both the top and bottom.   In the second card I just did the card in a green Bazzill paper and added some silver stickers that I had on hand to each corner.  I love the special silver paper I also purchase at the show and embossed it.  It gives it such a clear crisp look.
 
 
Here is a close up of the poinsettia sticker and micro-fine iridescent glitter for the background. I think I need photo classes to catch the fine glitter here because my picture does not do justice to this glam. 
 
Wishing you all a swinging  Merry Christams....Leanne 
 

7 comments:

  1. So Beautiful! Thank you for sharing...Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightfully beautiful Christmas card. Love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty!! I was looking for a poinsettia embossing folder a few months ago with no luck. I found lots of cards made with one but couldn't find it in stores. :( Anyways, your embossing and the actual poinsettia is just GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing. ((love your lil falling snowflakes on your blog too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, Leeanne! I love the glitter but the silver embossed piece is my favorite!! Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leanne, this is such a beautiful card! Sorry to here about your eye problems..
    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas time and God's blessings in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...