Friday, March 11, 2011

Sea Shell Gifts




                                   
One afternoon I had fun decorating these cute little sea shells.  After a day at Tarpon Springs Fl. (that is noted as the sponge capital of the U. S.) and walking along the many  tourist shops there I decided it would be fun to purchase a few shells and do something fun with them? First I took glue and added water to make a  runny paste and then brushed it all over front and back.  This was to help strengthen the shell that is so delicate and hopefully not break easily.  I then glued magnets on the back so it could be placed on a refrigerator.  I then painted my initials on the back,   I also put ribbon at the top to hang in case someone wished not to have it on the fridge.  I then added and glued a couple of other shells to the front.  I also added a cute flower and butterfly on it. (In the last picture you will notice that I decided I did not like the original flower so I ended up changing the flower.  Sorry, I do not have a close up of the new flower to post. It is a much prettier rose flower.  If you look close you can see the new flower in the last picture.)  I had  recently purchased the clear box's at a stamp show I attended earlier this past month (Feb.) in Clearwater, Fl.  I put a little shredded paper inside and added a pretty bow with a cute little note attached to it that reads "For You" and added little clear hearts I bought a Michael's Crafts. I think they turned out quite cute. Another cute little gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...