Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Scalloped Flowers


This card today was a stab at trying to make my own flowers.  I see so many beautiful flowers that others make themselves and add to their cards. I don't have any flower templates or die cuts or even flower punches to help me.  So, I experimented a little today and  took two of my round scallop punch's two different sizes and came up with this. I'm still not completely satisfied here but am optimistic to find a beautiful rose die cut or punch eventually?  I love roses.  So...I'm on the look out for that?  Any suggestions of what to purchase please do let me know.



I added some tulle netting to the flowers and some pearls to help give it a little softer look.    I also used half green ink to one side of the background stamp and pink to the other side to break up the scroll print color on my stamp called"En Francais" (from Stampin Up).  If you look hard you will see the writing is half green and half pink.   I thought giving it two separate colors; it just might add a little more interest to the background?  I enjoyed experimenting a tad with this card.  Experimenting helps keep your creative side flowing.


That's it for today ladies.  I hope you will return to visit with me real soon?  I love having you and hope your week  is filled with God's richest blessings.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Leanne, I just popped over from Splitcoast Stampers to have a closer look at your gorgeous pillow boxes. Thankyou for sharing; your work is lovely.
    Kind Regards
    judith from Australia
    http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're fabulous and Wow I can't believe you made those from circles!! Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card and great video!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...