Monday, July 23, 2012

Homemade Envelope ...


Quite often we make cards that are to thick to send in the mail in an envelope.  So I went on line and at Splitcoast Stampers and found directions on making an envelope for a 4 3/8" x 5 3/4" card. Click here to see how it was done.  The directions were a bit confusing so....I worked it and worked until I created my own, for myself.  It wasn't easy but I now have a template (I made) to make other envelopes when needed.  Below is a picture of my own template.  My measurements may not make sense to you if you enlarge and try to use it.  The measurements I have on the template are from outer edge corners.... I think?  It's been a while since I did this so it's hard to remember?   I'm just glad I have that template I made and able to make another envelope with the template when I need it.


The paper is double sided so it looks so pretty on the inside as well.





I actually made this card some time ago but am finally getting around to posting for you.  Today I'm not going to go on and on about this pretty rose card.  I think you probably already know that the embossed rose is from Stampin-Up' - Manhattan Rose and the rest is history.  I just love the soft orange and pink combination I created by blending my chalk inks together. 

                         

I hope you enjoyed stopping by to see what was in store for you here on my blog today and hoped to add more inspiration to each of you to get stampin and creating your own envelope for your card.....


Have a wonderful week and let go,
get stamping and creating
together...
Happy Stamping…
Blessings to all!


Supplies Used:
Stamps: None
Paper: Whisper White, Light Pink
Ink: Pink and Yellow Cat's Eye Chalk Ink
Punches:  Stampin Up Scallop Trim Boarder and Corner Trim
Die Cuts:  Stampin' Up Impression Folder/Manhattan Flower & Marianne Creatables #LR0200
Accessories:  Prima Flowers and Leafs, Martha Stewart Pine Punch & Sizzix Sizzlits Die Leaves



1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card, and great envelope...I have to practice with this...My brain seems to be on overload right now...so the "practice" may be later...tfs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...