Sunday, November 4, 2012

Double Stamping Card #1 ...

 
A couple weeks ago I decided to play around using some double stamping to my cards background. I thought some old fashion stamping would add interest to my background rather than using a embossed background with a embossing folder, as I so often do.  I was inspired by seeing others do stamp resisting. However, I didn't really do this here but found that using my daubers and ink gave it a similar look.   So...I began with a stamp from Stampin' Up called En Francais and stamped it first with white embossing ink.  I made sure to only stamp a portion of the stamp so it looked kind of unevenly stamped and only to the left side of my card.  I then used my stamp from Rubber Necker Stamps called  Cheese Cloth and stamped over it in bright green ink. I so love this Cheese Cloth Stamp... it's a favorite of mine.  I then used my stamp that looks like weeds and flowers (sorry..I do not know the name or manufacture of this stamp) coloring it with my Tombo Pens with different colors to the flowered weed, stems and leaves. 


 
I also took brown ink and used my daubers inking brown to the background thus giving it more texture and color. 
 
 
I was pleased to show you this particular card after finishing as, I was pleased with the results.  In the next few weeks I hope to share a few more cards I've done by doing a similar background. I've had a great  deal of fun doing them.  As you know I like doing a variety of different card ideas and try not to stay on one particular style of card for a long time.
 
So...thanks for stopping and I do hope you leave me a comment as to whether you liked this or not? I also like to know you were here?  Why not give me a shout out here?
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes Leanne. I love this. It is absolutely gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more cards done with this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love this and the technique is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne, You created a masterpiece here...so Soft and Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...