Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Nest of Refuge...


 
Very dear friends of ours recently bought another new home.  I always try to send a greeting card to anyone who we know that have the opportunity to change homes.  Congratulations...to Mike and Meg! We hope you have many happy and new memories in your new place?

I recently bought these beautiful dimensional hydrangea cut outs from K&Company.  Hydrangea flowers are one of my most favorite of flowers along with Tulips & Iris's.  I found hydrangea paper also from K & Company to match the hydrangea and used it for my background.  However the card is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 size and being so small you can barely see the beautiful blue hydrangea's inback round. 

I also found the cute little bird picture on the The Graphics Fairy website with free printable downloads. I love taking advantage of such beautiful pictures. Sometimes I think it's nicer than using a stamp and coloring it. I cut the birds with my oval Spellbinders die to fit this card and layered it with blue complementing printed paper that is on the other side of the hdrangea paper from K & Company. I again used the beautiful lace on this card, that I think is so pretty.

Here is a computer generated verse that I put inside. This card is simple but sweet. Hope you like it?
  
 

So it's off to doing another project so...hope your week goes well and hope you'll be back soon to spend time here again? 

Blessings to all….Leanne

2 comments:

  1. Dear LeAnne~

    This is stunning! Makes me want to move, just to receive one! LOL The hydrangeas look wonderful! (I think Flower Soft sells dimensional flowers also, I believe I saw it over at ODBD.) I LOVE the lace and the pearls...I could put them on any card and be happy. The nest and birds are so colorful. This is beautiful! I became a Follower of your blog today! Thank you for sharing your love of God and your beautiful art with your guests.

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.
    Blog-o-Versary Candy Give Away! Sign up at:
    http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to stop by after seeing this card on SCS. Congrats on being one of the SCS Favorites for the week :-)

    And no wonder - it's absolutely gorgeous!

    {{hugs}} Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...