Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tracing On Vellum...

 
Here's what I would like to share with you today....  A few directions on tracing on Vellum paper. I felt it was time to show you pictures and directions and how to do this.  Sometimes words without pictures make it hard to understand.  So today I wanted to try to show you with pictures.
I used a dark black background so you could see the white ink on white vellum paper on camera.
I took  Stampin-Up' Whisper White pigment ink and stamped my image on white vellum paper.  Notice,  I turned the stamp sideways so that it would look centered rather than square on the vellum paper.  I took my heat embossing gun and carefully blew it dry to help the ink set faster before going on.  Be careful when using your embossing gun to help dry the ink, do not to leave it on one area to long, as it will burn your paper.  Pigment ink takes longer to dry so this helps the process go faster.


 I then took my vellum paper after stamping it and drying it, and  turned it over to the other side.  Now find a soft surface such as a mouse pad or piece of soft foam and on the reverse side I used my Fiskars Embossing Tool and traced exactly on the white line that was stamped.  Be sure not to press to hard to puncture the vellum paper.  First try it lightly, then heavier if needed.  I used a very thick round edge on my Fiskars Embossing Tool so that when pressing I would not go through the paper.  (My Fiskars embossing pens/tools have four different sized heads to choose from.)


Now when your done tracing, turn it over to the originally stamped side, the white ink will look allot darker and raised up. Unfortunately the picture is unable to show that it is actually raised  slightly.


I then took light pink paper and placed it beneath the stamp and then took my Spellbinders Nestabilties die cut (Labels Ten) and cut them both same shape. Putting colored paper beneath the vellum really makes the stamp show up nicer and help add more dimension to the card.

Hope these directions helped you and you'll want to give it a try for yourself? 

This is the final product and all the embellishments I used for the card. 


A close up shot for you to see how much darker and thicker the white looks. 

Happy Stamping…and Blessings
to each of you today!


From Leanne

1 comment:

  1. A really gorgeous card with a really great tutorial for vellum. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to comment. I love hearing from you. Thanks....

Don't Forget To Leave A Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...